- New copper plumbing throughout brings great volume and water pressure to every fixture in the house. Using other fixtures does not affect shower volume or temperature!
- The hot water circulation system moves hot water throughout the house from the water heater which is located out of the way in the garage. Hot water is always available at every fixture right away which saves energy and water. The efficient pump costs pennies per month to run and is on a programmable timer (on during the day, off at night)
- Central Heating and Air Conditioning
- Automated lighting control - Several light fixtures have X-10 controllable switches. These can be operated by a convenient hand held controller or by a computer. Currently they are programmed to a) turn the porch light on at sundown, dim to 50% at 10pm and off at midnight. b) The garage light can be turned on and off from the house. c) there is a program that runs when the house is empty to randomly turn on lights near front and back windows at night so the house looks lived in.
- Much of the electrical system has been upgraded.
- Brand new driveway & front gate
- Wired & monitored security system
The Home's Features
This home is a 3-bedroom 1-bath verified Janes Cottage in the very heart of the most beautiful Janes Village street. With 7 elegant gables, every facade of the house is a pleasure to look at.
It has been remodeled throughout with a strong eye towards historically sensitive restoration rather than Modern renovation and is in perfect turnkey condition.
The formal dining room has 2 french doors that lead out to the patio, a coved ceiling and a graceful arch separating it from the living room which has an elegant vaulted ceiling.
A 2-car garage with laundry, a built-in workbench, utility sink hookups and ample space for storage
A huge barrel-vaulted living room with a built-ins, a gorgeous wood burning fireplace and a stunning original front window.
A bright, sunny breakfast nook off the kitchen with original casement windows on three sides
There are several edible fruit trees in the large back yard (apricot, cherry, plum, avocado, apple).
The Children's room has cutom murals picturing scenes from the Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit Stories.
Click here to see photographs of these beautiful murals.
Both the front and back yards are beautifully landscaped and have been carefully tended. There are automated sprinklers in both the front and back yards.
This home still has many of the original 1925 details that made Janes Cottages famous.